momstown Oakville

Sunday, September 30, 2012

Easy Fall Craft

This morning I participated in the CIBC Run for the Cure in Burlington and ran 5km!  Am proud of myself for running the whole thing since I didn't really have the chance to train a whole lot.  I had a great morning though and am happy I was able to provide support for those fighting this terrible disease, and for one great lady in particular.  I will admit, the race left me feeling pretty tired and so I was looking for a fun activity to keep the kids busy this afternoon while all I needed to do was supervise!  Painting pumpkins fit the bill perfectly.

I had purchased two small pumpkins earlier in the week and once we spread out a cloth to do our work on, I just put some paint in front of them and they got to work.

Yes, my son is wearing a fire fighter hat.  Don't all painters?


Both kids had a great time doing this activity and added glitter glue and a multitude of colours.  Don't limit yourself to pumpkins either, feel free to add in any Fall vegetable that is around this time of year, including gourds, squashs, yams, etc.  I think they would all make a cute centrepiece to a Thanksgiving table.


Above is the final result.  I'm thinking of carving the blue and purple one and using the paint as the hair!  The other one looks a little more gory so I'll have to make it the spooky one.  Happy that my Fall/Halloween decorating has begun!

1 comment:

Joanna said...

Looks great Kelly. Fun idea!